The Bull Mine is an extensive 19th century mine operated during much of its time by brothers Robert and Peter Parrott. Although its early history is obscure, the mine became an important producer. Robert died in 1877 and in 1880, Peter lead operations under a new corporate entity, the Parrott Iron Company. This year, more than 2,575 tons of ore were raised. Nearly all of it was extracted from an old pillar located not more than 100 feet from the surface.
By 1881, the mine had produced a total of 52,000 tons of ore. The ore was roasted onsite before being shipped to the Clove and Greenwood furnaces. There, the iron ore was used to manufacture foundry hardware. In 1884, the mine was permanently abandoned.