Lane's Bismuth Mine, discovered before 1819, was named after Mr. Ephraim Lane, a farmer. The deposit consisted of a small vein of native bismuth embedded in quartz. In 1819, the mine was reportedly sunk to a depth of only 10 feet. Although unsuccessful due to the limited supply of ore, Lane's Mine tapped an unusual deposit containing native bismuth. Notable minerals also included native silver, crystallized copper and iron pyrites, galena, sphalerite, tungsten, tellurium and cassiterite. The galena was particularly rich in silver.
A short tunnel was driven directly into the vein which before its mouth, was worked for ore. Other workings include a shaft and minor surface diggings. No structural remains are present.