Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best equipment to film underground
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:36 pm 

Howdy folks!

Anyone happen to have recommendations on a good video camera for underground. I was thinking a GoPro but I don't believe they do well in low light. Also, id need to bring light down with me, My preference being something cordless and battery powered. I thought about an LED lantern of some sort. Any recommendations on a good light source to bring underground to light up the video better than a flash light would?

Thanks all, just looking for a decent low light camera, and a good light source that's portable to bring down with me

C,

Post subject: Re: Best equipment to film underground
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:47 am 

Probably the best video camera for low light right now is the Canon c100( that is what I have). The next step down from that would be a DSLR, they are really good in low light when used with a lens with a maximum aperture of f2 or so. The next step down from there would be a camcorder like the Canon vixia G20. Go pros are not very good in low light at all.
I use these led light panels with the biggest battery they offer http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Dimmable-Digital-Camcorder-Panasonic/dp/B004TJ6JH6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431781723&sr=8-3&keywords=led+light+panel.
You can even bring a bunch of the light panels and put them on light stands in different positions to light up larger parts of the mine.
Hope that helps