Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:51 pm 

yea i thought this was over and done with a week ago............

so for those late comers basically what happened is through pure good ol american policy it was concluded that anthracite is far superior than bituminous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 pm 

(1)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:36 pm 

(2)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:07 pm 

Banks is prep'ing for something.

We just don't know when it happens 3, 5 or 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:14 am 

its an experiment........... probably happening between 5 and 10........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm 

(3)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:05 pm 

(4)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

I think someone needs to set Banks straight...

Quote:
...okay, not Surrender,... bring to a "responsible end." You can't fight those people. I would be willing to bet a whole lot that even if democracy succeeded in Iraq, it would soon be overthrown by all those crazy American haters (which most of them are) and a regime of terror will be back in place again, probably worse than before. What are we going to do..sit there and babysit those uncivilized bastards? Sorry for the harsh words, but seriously.... they're out of their right minds for religion.

My use of war in the plural was incorrect on my part, because I think the war in Afghanistan was perfectly justifiable... but that needs to be completed in a timely fashion also. We need to concentrate on Afghanistan, and finish the job there. Even there though, we're never going to have a perfect democracy in Afghanistan. the rebels over there have no borders.

Despite what CNN tells you, we are clearly winning in Iraq. Violence is down to record levels since the war started, troop casualties are way down to historic levels, the troop surge worked and it is clear that great progress was made in Iraq. Even Bill O'Reilly got Obama to somewhat admit that the surge was successful. Unfortunately that would have not been the case if the democrats were allowed to force us to pull out of Iraq in the middle of the war. Whether you supported the war from the start or not, the fact is that we are there. Surrendering in the middle of a war would have not only been a waste of the money already spent, it would also have caused major instability in the middle east. We started the war, it isn't moral to just pull out and allow a country collapse. Then we'd probably only have to go back again ... if it isn't too late.

Afghanistan is a different story.. The anti war people who voted for Obama assumed he is the anti-war candidate. While has claimed and shown to be anti Iraq, he claims to want to take the troops out of Iraq and deploy them in Afghanistan. From some reports i have read, stabilizing Afghanistan in ways Obama outlined may be more of a challenge than even Iraq.

Quote:
With renewable energy, the government must promote change in energy policies somehow. Without, people will NEVER move away from dirty sources. People don't care about things until they are directly effected by them. Right now the only thing we can think about is the money we spend on our energy....and that's all people will be concerned about until they are directly effected by health issues or major climate issues that start popping up that are determined to be directly related to / caused by our nonchalant continual use of dirty energy for years and years. Even then, some people won't believe it. Everyone says "cheap, cheap, cheap... but what about the Future future future. No one cares to realllly sit down and think about it, and come up with solutions. There are ways of solving these problems... Its just that not many in the United States want to put the time and money into it because the US as a whole doesn't know what its like to have to strive for resources to survive - yet. Look at Europe, and how efficiently they run their societies. They know much better than we do with their extremely long histories of resource depletion and their need to find alternative sources. Denmark, the leader in European wind energy, is aiming to have 50% of its nation's power by wind by 2025.

Renewable energy isn't just a great idea for the environment, there will be a time where there isn't enough fossil fuel left in order to support the world. The problem is that renewable energy is not only expensive, it isn't fully economical. Especially now in a questionable economy, forcing existing power generation companies to go by some unrealistic "environmental goal" is no way to help people or the country in these tough times. Right now there really is not a surplus of electricity. There is no way in our current times that we would be able to generate enough power for every house hold to charge batteries for an electric car . There is not enough power available today to produce Hydrogen at an large scale. There is not enough land in the country to convert entirely to Biodiesel (you need farms and natural gas to make it). So you close down existing coal plants to meet some unrealistic goal isn't not only impossible, but you realize how expensive it will make things?

Do we really want prices for energy to go higher than they are? Not to say, many of Obama's campaign promises would at least triple energy prices. When costs of alternative energy come down to levels where it is profitable for free markets to adapt these, they will come out. They are coming out already and people are starting to actively look at this stuff, but forcing companies to abide by it is no solution. Once there is competition in alternative energy and prices come down, people can and will be able to afford these solutions. Today is not the time to force people to.

Miner Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:12 pm 

4 it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 pm 

Counting days until Greg responds.

Clever

I'm just not doing political discussions.

Politically, I'm far to the right. And prefer to discuss minerals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 pm 

doug, youre good.......... youre good. 8)

politically, i dont do politics, can ya tell :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

I was trying to figure out what Banks was doing...

Miner Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 pm 

hmmm, wasnt too hard for a coal guy to figure out....... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 pm 

Miner Greg wrote:
I think someone needs to set Banks straight...

I'm glad someone is more awake and do it more eloquently than I can.

Miner Greg wrote:

The problem is that renewable energy is not only expensive, it isn't fully economical. Especially now in a questionable economy, forcing existing power generation companies to go by some unrealistic "environmental goal" is no way to help people or the country in these tough times.

And just ask Al Gore how far HIS pockets are lined with this idea...
This is the stuff bankrupting the country in the first place if you ask me.
Instead of the "oil kings" we'll have the "renewable energy baron" in a few
years.
That guy is the biggest shyster I've ever seen. Great salesman!

~S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

The problem with Gore is that he doesn't believe what he preaches. I guess this is another debate...but... If Gore actually believed that CO2 was a green house gas, why does he fly around in private jets? Why does he heat 3 houses in the winter? When he goes to one of his rally's, this is documented by the way, why does he drive in a limo motorcade and switch to a hybrid around the corner from the event?

But this all does tie into the political debate though.. You've got the democrats against Coal, against nuclear, against oil, all because they claim it is "dirty energy".. But they don't have a suitable replacement available AND there still is really no real evidence that CO2 causes global warming. The only evidence that has been found shows that CO2 levels rise when global temperature rises... Not that CO2 causes global temperature to rise. There are thousands and thousands of years of evidence available in ice cores that show this. Every 18,000 years or so the earth goes into a natural cycle. As temperature goes up, CO2 goes up.. However Gore is trying to say that CO2 causes it.

So we have the democrats trying to make using our natural fuel supplies so expensive to try to prevent us from using them in a time where the economy is slow, and in a time where people need to save every penny they can, but a cost sensitive economical replacement isn't available ... all with wishy washy science to back it up.

Miner Greg