Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:31 am 

well iall i know is that consol energy just signed a 21 year contract with the pittsburgh penguins...the new arena will be the consol energy center so there not that bad in my book :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:47 pm 

......................................... :!:

time to drop a bomb on nanticoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:58 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Im just kidding i was dissapointed that they signed with them and named there arena that...i dont know anything about them, but what are they trying to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:07 pm 

No you were right the first time. . . .dont let Banks fool you he hasn't even been to a Consol mine. Consol is the largest coal mine underground company in the U.S. . The two largest mines are in Western Pa just south of Pittsburgh (combined annual tonnage of more than 26 million tons of COAL boyz) & most of their mines are in that part of the state as well as northern West Virginia.

Major coal mining powerhouse and where else in the United States does a coal company sponsor (2) sports complexes (1) The Pittsburgh Penguins arena & the new baseball stadium in Washington, Pa.

That is so cool 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:17 pm 

WAIT there the ones that run the baley mine arent they?!? i saw that on modern marvels and was like :shock: :shock: :shock: i will always love anthracite mines but that was amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:49 pm 

Bailey & Enlow Fork are side by side. I do not know the official underground distance but I know Enlow alone goes from almost Wheeling WV 20 miles ish south to the prep plant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:56 pm 

I agree with you Pete, those mines are impressive but, Those are not coal mines. 7-9' coal pretty flat, not a super lot of water or gas. We have a term we use for that. Coal Farm. That even leave some coal on the roof and bottom to grow more coal(Just joking). Now try some Longwall mines in Southern WV, Southwestern Va, and Eastern Ky. Thinner seams ,some roll bad, lots of water and gas. Nothing like seeing a Joy 7ls grunting along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 am 

I know exactly what you are saying. We have a difficult time to get to those mines to go underground to be able to be there first thing in the morning during the week plus get safety trained. There was an Ex Eastern Assoc. mine down there we are still scheduled to go underground in Southern Wv our training just expired so now we have to retake it again..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6