Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm 

I think the key point to eminate domain is the phrase " fair market value". Of course the county wants low ball, and Al wants to make a killing. They both have to come to a conclusion.. Ill make a sad prediction now. In a few months or a year at most the Huber will meet the wrecking ball. How much have we seen destroyed so far ? Luzerne county is in no position right now to take on a project of that scope. It needs federal or state guidence. I just hope my prediction doesnt come true. But I cant help but think of the Marvin, and even the Moffat. Would have been much easier projects, especially since at the time the Marvin was torn down the owners were in bankruptcy. ( creditors would have loved to get some cash on the books )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:41 pm 

Pete I agree that it's great to put things on paper but actually getting things done is another. As far as the Asbestos goes if I remember right 99% of what is in the power house is a non issue. As long as the Asbestos is coated with something and isn't pealing off it's alright and nobody could really say anything about it in a building. The same goes for the asbestos that is in the siding of the breaker. As long as you don't disturb it it's fine but start tormenting it i.e. tearing siding off it becomes an issue. I think what is going to happen is somebody else is going to step in and take the project over :wink:

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 pm 

yea mike thats what i understood also for the breaker. let a sleeping dog lay....... if you go wrecking the place who knows what will peel off. i think the harry e. breaker would have been the best. it was totally complete, you could turn the on switch on and it would process coal again. too bad for that one.