Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jimmy Hoffa, A coal mine investor????
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:50 pm 

I just bought the book " I heard you paint houses" by Charles Brandt on the life and times of an alleged hit man that worked for Russell Buffalino that was very good friends with Jimmy Hoffa. According to the book on page 237 and i will quote from the book" Jimmy Hoffa negottiated vhimself out of coal mining interests he had in Northeastern Pennsylvania." That brings up the questions, what companies, where were they located and if Jimmy Hoffa is buried at the bottom of any old slopes or shaftrs around here. If anyybody can answer those questions, just let me know/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:06 am 

We'll have to wait for Mike A to weight in, but I think he mentions Jimmy in one of his schpeals (sp?). And that would most likely connect him to No 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:13 am 

Hoffa was one of the last owners of Blue coal. It went like this... Gilliens and cleveland were selling blue coal, James Durkin was interested but he couldnt raise the capital so he approached Hoffa to borrow needed funds from the teamsters pension fund. Hoffa came on instead as an silent owner with controlling interest and held a 50% ownership. Durkin held 40% while Gilliens Cleveland retained the other 10%. There intent was to sell off its assets to outside companys, as well as legit and shell companys owned by Durkin and dump the employees on the state unemployment rolls. Blue Coal went into bankrupcy in '76 and was tied up in court thru 92 when the earth concervency was formed. There is alot more to this. I actually have copys of the court procedings if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:44 pm 

It is local lore in the Panther Valley that one of the last places he was seen alive was in the Panther Valley so it is possable that he is at the bottom of one of the numerous shafts in the area.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"