Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MINE THEMED HALLOWEEN PARTY! saturday october 24
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:44 pm 

This year the halloween barn party will have a late 1800s early 1900s mining theme!
come dressed as a miner from an era long ago or be creative and prepare a costume like a mule or other vintage persona like a cruel wealthy mine owner complete with top hat and monocle or a hot 1800s prostitute.

what better place for a bunch of roudy miners to get together than a large 1800s post and beam barn where bousterous dancing and brawls are sure to ensue... or take a break and relax in the barn loft and look down on the action below.

the barn will be decorated with mining artifacts and set up with drinking games, a barn dance area and drinks served out of a vintage ore car. there will be a mix of interesting music, just out side the open barn doors will be a fire to get warm around or if it is really cold the doors will be closed and the barn heated.
at 9pm will be the traditional firing of the cannon which is really loud

The 5th annual Halloween barn party will take place starting around 6pm saturday october 24th in Monroe, Connecticut. the address is 181 hattertown rd monroe CT. there is tons of parking and places to sleep for those coming from far away. it would be great for all to come in costume but is not required even just throwing on a hard hat with lamp would be fine! and feel free to bring some mine themed treats or drinks.