Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interesting propaganda from Consol
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:04 am 

Don't think coal is important? The average person in the U.S. uses 7,442 pounds of coal annually or 20.39 pounds per day. Your computer alone uses 3 pounds of coal per day. It's a good thing coal is the least expensive source of power fuel per million btu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:12 pm 

I believe the figure is 66 percent of the eletricity in the United States is generated using coal. Your right, good thing its cheap and domestic !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 pm 

Hell I know we use about 8 tons of Anthracite every year just to heat our house and hotwater. That would be 1,488 gallons of fuel oil!

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:40 pm 

Jeez Mike, get some insulation or new windows or something! :lol: I do about 500 gallons of fuel oil a year, so I really wish I could convert to coal. I'd probably only use 3 tons a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 pm 

Well the house is usually flirting with 80 degrees or so over the winter and no I'm not kidding. Also the stoker runs year round for domestic hot water. The beauty of it is you could take hour long showers run the washing machine and do dishes at the same time and not run out of hot water while it's 15 degrees outside and the stoker doesn't miss a beat.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 pm 

I run hot water with my oil, too. It's an on-demand type. But I ain't at no 80 degrees. I'm at 68 all winter. I'll use more oil this year because the global warming has really been brutally cold so far here. Just got oil Monday, usually I don't get a delivery until mid February.

Like my dad says, there's nothing like coal heat.