Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kingston Mining Corporation, location Edwardsville P. A.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:37 pm 

I an looking for information on the Kingston Mining Corporation. The year it opned and the year that it closed if anyone has any information please e-mail me at jskawinski7@verizon.net thanks :?:

Post subject: Re: Kingston Mining Corporation, location Edwardsville P. A.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Miner, you've probably seen this already as your post was answered on another forum back in 2002 but I'm reposting it here just in case for reference. According to http://answers.google.com/answers/threa ... 45046.html , the Kingston Coal Co. was founded by Isaac Waterman, Thomas Beaver, Daniel Edwards, Daniel Morgan, and George Geisingerin during the 1880s and the company existed by name up until the 1990s.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:12 pm 

Hi Miner Mike ; Thankyou for your information on the Kingston Coal Company. According to what is engraved on the front of the portal the name of the colliery is Kingston Mining Corporation. I am sorry that I do not have a picture of the portal that I can send to you. I think that Kingston Coal company was the owner , but the colliery operated under the name of Kingston Mining Corporation. I am very sure the colliery closed in 1957. I do have a great deal of background information on the number of outbuildings that were there and the complete operation of the mining corporation. I will be very glad to send this information to you . Please let me know thankyou Miner :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing Miner. I would be interested to know what is now left of the colliery if you would like to share. Is the engraving still in place above the portal?