Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:17 pm 

Wow... really fast.............!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe if the sewer line is compromised which should be soon as it probably won't be able to stand the heat long, it could help put out the mine fire... That is going to be one hell of a mess though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:36 pm 

That would be a complete catastrophy, not to mention a big environmenal concern. I'd love to know what's going to happen up there, that fire is spreading FAST. I'm surprised at how far it got in a couple weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:37 pm 

With how fast it is spreading I have a question to pose? The first is :is the fire burning through a vein that was mined? If so is the open areas(ie.air feeding the fire? I know I read somewhere mine fires are an anomlie, they feed themselves? I dont know exactly how(Ill try to find the link) second, there was no barrrier pillar between the fire area(Dolphs) and the underwood or it was punctured. Is it a matter of time before the fire vents through the Underwood and Eddie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:59 pm 

its above underwood and eddy and you know steam and smoke rises so i dont think that would be a problem and as for the workings, if they worked it i figured youd see them in the trench. i think its just a non mined part of the bed burning. might be the pillar not sure but we didnt see any workings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:25 pm 

this is a cool link. hell fighter. cool name!

http://www.hellfighter.us/

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:53 pm 

ok as of the other day i pulled up one of the sensors (which mind you is on the other side of the sewer line) the sensor was hot to the touch.. the last 10 feet of a (at least 35-40 foot wire) was hot to the touch and smoke came pouring out.

poor ascii demo

-|-|-|- F I R E -|-|-|-
t__r__e__n__c__h
==sewer line==
-----road----
o <-- sensor

anyway as you can see the fire has completely overtaken the trench, sewer, and road.

also there was a big pile of wood at the bottom of the trench... we were up there completely alone in pitch dark w/ no light... there is no surface activity of this fire anymore besides haze... there were maybe 2 or 3 little blue whips in the center of where they used to be on the original refuse pile... absolutely no light... then all of a sudden the pile of wood completely burst into flames just as we were looking at it.. it was quite awesome actually.

ill try and organize my pics.

Post subject: mine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:56 pm 

and about tony's post it was mined where it originally started... remmeber we found the bottom rock and the props chris?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:47 pm 

yea, i dont think there are any workings where its burning now. just a coal bed. thats interesting about the sensors. i was planning on getting up there to see that. gotta soon before it moves past there right, so what do i have a day :lol: no really when i was up there last week those sensors were not hot yet. wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:15 am 

Can you still drive on the road, or is it hot?

Post subject: road
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:20 pm 

road is not hot yet... its completely driveable... guys... if that road gets completely destroyed you can still get there... you know @ the exit the hill on the right (opposite the hill you climb) up there; there is a path that connects back to the path where the mine is (the one w/ the Y not the one w/ the gate.)

there are many differant ways up there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:15 pm 

instead of making the sharp turn at the top of the steep hill of the exit, go straight over the hump then follow that road up. it will bring you up where they dug the new trench. this was the old way up and was blocked but its open again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:24 pm 

I'd like to try to get up there again tonight before the snow comes to check it out again. It is funny how the road is fine and the fire is in the trench, yet those sensors are warm. As soon as you take the cap off the pipe, you can see the smoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 pm 

Now this isnt being posted to start a debate. But while at OSM during a conversation about the mine fire they said it hasnt burned near the sewer line.? (I know govt. people may say anything) Its actualy burning in a southerly direction. In the direction of to the left of the trailer. In a very narrow path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:47 pm 

it would have to be running along the sewer line then.... and if it is it'll spread under it.... oh boy.. haha.. OSM needs to open their eyes...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next