Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: copper mine pics
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 pm 

yo, nice photos. those old west mines are awesome! i cant believe from those pics how good of shape everything looks! we put something steel in the mine and the next week it has surface rust on it haha! there were some old gold mines we went in out in south dakota when i did that lost worlds for the history ch. they were pretty cool, but still werent as dry and in good of shape as the ones you guys went to. when we buy airplanes for our modifications at work, we try to get ones from the west as their in better shape, corrosion wise. i want to see more pics!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:24 pm 

chris lets put it this way..... that mine was abandoned in 1907....... the old engine outside the adit.........still turned over freely :shock: :shock:
i have alot more pics of this mine including some historic photos i'll post up soon. thers also a great video too but its on hi 8
we couldnt get across a winze in the mine, marc set up this whole set up using the srt gear and some old mine rails to get across and i was ready to go, but then we both decided not to as we were in a mine under the grand canyon kinda scary if anything happened.
another part of the mine, the upper level, i rappeled down a shaft and had a look around while marc waited above i saw daylight and followed it, that is when i found the ore car and another way out! alot of the wood in the mine is hand split!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 pm 

copper mine pics for this here http://www.ironminers.com/mineforum/vie ... hp?t=20048

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Nice pics.. Its great seeing everything so untouched looking. I guess being at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, most people don't make the trek down there.

I love that the old engine still turns over. Amazing..

Miner Greg