Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mines and Rappelling 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:51 pm 

We got to the area of where Supply Mine was located. We went into the first opening we saw and explored it up to the point were we couldn’t go any further. We ran into a huge shaft. Across the way though we noticed that the tunnel continued. There was a small ledge to the left but we didn’t want to risk it without being secured. The shaft that was stopping us led up to a big opening, so we thought maybe we could rappel down and walk/swing across to the other side. We then hiked on out and up the side of the mountain to the opening above. I rappelled down and the other 2 met me down there. We put our safety lines on and walked on what little ledge there was and got across. We then continued into the tunnel. About 5 min in we came across a huge ladder going down deeeeep, couldn’t even see the bottom. Finally we came to the end of the tunnel after going up a five foot ladder to another level. After exploring that mine we noticed all around us there were other holes going into mountain. We had to check them out only to find they were ALL test holes. None of them went in more than 40ft. Later we found a couple more shafts going down from the top. We couldn’t just look down into them so we went ahead and rappelled down into them. All of them were stinkin dead ends. They were all fun rappels, but not so fun ascents! Check the website out, most of the pictures speak for themselves!

http://www.freewebs.com/adventurestoremember/