Iron Miners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mines and Rappelling
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:49 pm 

A friend and I went to Alvord mine 2 weeks ago. For my first mine trip it was pretty awesome. There was an upper level entrance and lower level entrance. We started with the upper level and worked our way down. In the upper level mine we found 2 crazy deep shafts. We tied a flash light onto a rope and sent it down and it just kept going and going. We had 150ft worth of rope not nearly enough. So we skipped out on rappelling down both those shafts. After exploring the upper mine we headed down to the lower one. When we were in the lower mine we came across one more shaft. We sent down the flash light and we hit the bottom! No hesitation at all we set up our anchors and rappelled down only to find that it was a dead end, no more tunnels . Other then that disappointment the rest of the upper and lower mine were way cool. Even if there was no rappelling just exploring these was cool enough! I took tons of pictures not as many as I wanted but these will do. Check out the link below, go to Alvord mine. A lot of these pics are at night; we got bored and just went for it.

http://www.freewebs.com/adventurestoremember/