Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Claim Legal Question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:14 am 

Dawn_C, of course it is fine with BLM, they DO NOT ADJUDICATE between claimholders. I could not even get them to enforce their own rules against a guy who was hiding the fact he had 14 claims while filing a small miners waiver. BLM Only gets involved between a claimholder and the government if the government wants your claim for some reason, and then of course they are on the governments side, But If you go to court, over Placer V load, Clipper V Eli is the deciding case, as is rosa, in law, if a court ignores an earlier precedent, they are in trouble. Earlier I mentioned I had filed suit against the Forest Service. I found a case on Mountain States Legal site that was Identical to our problem. It was in South Dakota. The Case law is still valid here.

As a test a while back, I called BLM in Sacramento and asked questions that I already Knew the case law for, BLM was wrong on over half of the answers. The Rocky Mountain law foundation, Mountain States Legal Foundation, and Lindly on Mines are a few good places to look for answers. As is the American Mining Law forum, which was started to educate us miners on our rights. Allen

Post subject: Re: Claim Legal Question
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:20 am 

I totally agree with you on the BLM being wrong on answers as ive had a few similiar incidents with the local BLM office here. I go into the local office here quite often since i know a few of the people that work out of there and i often ask questions to a few in there that i havent seen there before. While already knowing the answers to the questions i asked, they gave totally outrageous answers. Answers i wouldve never thought people in the BLM would answer in these ways and answers i had never heard of. In this case, i believe they didnt have the proper answers and only made up their own. LOL