Iron Miners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hacklebernie Mine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:06 am 
Site Admin

For all of you train buffs who like coal mines and play Microsoft Train Simulator, this add-on course is for you, the Switchback Gravity Railroad between Summit Hill and Mauch Chunk, PA. It features the Hacklebernie Mine (in passing) including its subsidence...

http://home.stny.rr.com/wniehoff/sbsim.htm

Miner Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:09 pm 

Virtual mining! when the real thing just aint enough. Mike your a game developer, can you make a mining sim game? Have different periods, your choice of carbide or oillamps, steam or mule. You can put in challenges like dewatering and timbering. hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:35 pm 

He's the magical mad gamer Miner Mike anything is possible. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hey thanks guys. If only I had more time in the day I'd write a game all about mining from timbering to running the drill to blasting to mucking to financing a mine to abandoning it. :D In each level the shape and size of the orebody would become more and more difficult to engineer a plan to efficiently mine and the water table would creep higher and higher necessitating adits, pumps and underground reservoirs... It would be first person and among the many friends in the mine would be your canary, the rats and the BATS!

Miner Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:57 pm 

Mike,

Why wait you should start making that game man. I would help ya out. Instead of the board game that I was going to make lets make the computer game instead. If you really want to do I'm in man. No joke and you know how nuts I am with games with my ps1, ps2, and psp systems that I have had in the past. We would make a good team to design a computer game. Also get anyone else that would want to help out to involed with it. It's a great idea and I would look further into it with you if you want to. Don't forget that their is always time for stuff even if you think that their isn't. I think that it would be a first to make a game like you are thinking of. I don't think that it's ever been done before.
Talk to ya soon man.

Miner Bond 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:24 pm 

im a big gamer myself too. lately ive been playing the xbox 360, pgr 3. been playing online since the days of the modem and doom! ever heard of the TEN network? pgl, liga league.. i used to play in those...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, want to do a deathmatch sometime? To keep this "mining-related" it has got to be a mine themed add-on level to Quake or something else.

To begin on a mine game, I'd want to use a pre-fabricated game engine that has lots of customization and control. We could be on to something big here. Maybe we should continue this topic off the forum. Don't want to give the farm away..... :D

Miner Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:58 am 
Site Admin

Make a Doom level which has the layout of the Bull Mine. That would be the ultimate gaming experience. Make the whole level follow the dip of the mine, Then you have to point of no return, someone can hide there and shoot, you've got those cross cuts, and the big open rooms. It would actually be pretty fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:36 pm 

I remember there was this old game for the pc called descent- one of the first 3d games out there and you flew around in this spaceship killing rampant mining robots on other planets. I played it along time ago but I actually remember it being ok. For recent gamers, there's a mine in half-life 2 when you're in that abandoned village with all the zombies. You have to jump down to the bottom through the shaft but land on the support girders so you don't fall too far and break a leg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Yes Frank, Miner 2049er is a classic and one of the best platformers! For those of you who want to explore a uranium mine but don't want to risk a little radiation, this game is for you. You play Bounty Bob and must "inspect" each mine by walking over the different floor spaces while avoiding mutants and other obstacles. Descent is also a great game -- love the soundtrack for it too. You feel a bit drunk at the controls at first but after consistent gameplay, you stop crashing into the walls and play a fantastic game!

Don't leave IronMiners today without first downloading the Miner 2049er emulator at http://www.bigfivesoftware.com/Emulator/bbemulator.exe.

Miner Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:44 am 

Hey Mike if I beat the game will you buy me some Indian food? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:22 am 
Site Admin

I will buy Indian food for anyone who can beat all 10 stations (levels) and 10 zones (measure of monster speed) of Miner 2049er. Just be sure to capture your performance on an mpg file. If you don't like Indian food, then well, you miss out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:54 pm 

Nice I'll let you know Mike when I beat it and then I can feast for free! Yummy Indian yummy!

Mike thanks you found my Mining Bat! :D