Iron Miners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunk Mine Slideshow Updated
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

The Sunk Mine slideshow has been updated with two new adit explorations and now consists of a whopping 60 mine slides! Sunk goes down as one of the IronMiners' favorites and finest examples of 19th century mining operations in the Highlands. The extensive workings coupled with a relatively low water table, numerous adits, rich archeology and beautiful scenery make for an interesting study. The mining methods used in the Sunk Mine are actually quite similar to some of the largest mines in the Morris County area of NJ including Hibernia Mine, Mount Hope and the Irondale Mines of Wharton. Unfortunately the previously mentioned mines are largely flooded and inaccessible. And in the case of the Irondale Mines, completely underneath the town and hidden from sight.

We hope this enhanced slideshow will provide some further insight on what our Highlands mines are all about and encourage appreciation of our mining heritage...

http://www.ironminers.com/ironmines/sunk-mine-1.htm

Miner Mike & and IM Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:38 pm 

Wow. I'm impressed! The Sunk Mine has really become quite an epic. The slide really captures the complete sunk mine expereince. But get ready to update it, because I might go there tomorrow to look for more adits!!!!!!!! -Mike