Iron Miners
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Tree and Cactus Creek run day
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:26 pm 

Any of you regulars / moderators interested and are able to come up to the Binghamton area, I'm having a run day of my 7 1/2" gauge train on Sept 20th at 2PM. Please PM me, or use the e-mail link from my profile (I think that works) and I'll give you further info.

I'd like to keep this to about a dozen or so people, I really have not had the time this year to gear up for a big bash like 2 years ago. Next year I hope is a different story. And my run time on the batteries has suddenly dropped so I can't run all day long like I did last year. Ya, I need new ones.

So, smaller group, probably get some sheet pizzas and a couple two tree dozen wings.

If the weather is going to be bad, it's cancelled. I don't run in the rain, it's not good for the wooden cars and it's not pleasant either. I'll have a message on my machine if I cancel but I'll fill you in on that when you PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:43 pm 

Anyone here planning on coming up, please contact me by Wednesday. More local people are coming than I first planned on, but I decided to have some folks over that have never seen it before.

So, you're welcome to come up too, just please let me know by Wed. because a pizza or two isn't going to cut it. I'm placing an order for chicken and sides so I'll need to know how many folks are coming up.

BTW, Amy is making Coal Miner's cake. It's from that cookbook sold in the gift shop at Slope 190.

Thanks.

JR