Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:38 pm 

You've got the idea, but I believe the exact quote was---

"Don't like Mining!!.. Freeze in the Dark Yuppie Scum!!!"

Banks, If the stock runs out... Maybe I can help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:41 am 

50tonloco wrote:
I my biology class, (and meatorolgy) they did a whole unit on global warminig and the enviorment and at the end they showed us a video about camron dieaz talking about how we should save the enviorment with green power and I was thinking that the only reason the kids, paticularly the boys paid attention was because they thought she was hot, the pro coal group needs to try this

Well, this gives me more motivation than ever to diet.
;)

Or, Courtney can do it. She'd be a better spokeswoman for coal.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 pm 

You'd have a hard time getting a celebrity to make a film that goes against the agenda, and then the schools would never show it anyway because it doesn't fit the plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:02 am 

Or, Courtney can do it. She'd be a better spokeswoman for coal.
:)[/quote]

Is Courtney the women sitting on the mancha trammer in that photo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 pm 

Courtney is definately PRO coal 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:49 am 

Why is it the coal industry gets all the bad rap for pollution in the air ? As I like to stress, it isnt the coal industry using coal. They just mine it. It is the utility companies that burn it, and add pollution to the air. Dont go after the industry. The techology is there to burn coal cleanly. The utilities just dont want to invest in it. And if they do, guess who will end up paying for it. And on the other side of the coin. Those Al Gore types just arent in touch with reality. THE EARTH NEVER WILL BE A UTOPIA. I agree the early years of the industrial revolution polluted the air, land and water to an extent that was down right dangerous. BUT the techology wasnt there. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WE NEEDED THE INCOME THAT IT PROVIDED IN THIS COUNTRY. This whole anti coal campaign is just an effort by those unintelligent types that arent in touch with the real world. We all need lights, heat, etc. As this nation also desperately needs the jobs the coal industry provides both directly and indirectly.
Its kinda like Pennsylvanias growing greener program. An example of goverment waste. If a mine shaft is open and a child or unknowing person could fall in. That is a hazard. But as an example of waste. The Grassy Island culm bank was huge. It was TREE COVERED with lots of non dangerous ravines and gullys. From a distance you couldnt tell it from a natural mountain. NATURE TOOK CARE OF ITSELF. There was plenty of wild life. Along comes the do gooder enviromentalist NAZI DEP with growing greener money to " reclaim" the bank. The trees were cut down, the gullys filled. And a great big grassy field was made. Not a single place for the natural habitat or wild life to seek protection and food. And it made for a great eye sore either from up close or from a distance. So what good was done ??????? A few contractors made some money. And a land owner was provided with an area to develop free and clear.( a local " business man" with vast holdings)

Post subject: Re: What to do about enviormentilists?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm 
Speaking of foaming at the mouth in sight of a train, not too long ago, when I was on the city bus that was waiting for a train, much to my surprise, the third unit of the consist (being pulled dead [I could tell because I didn't hear a good ole 567]) was a Kodachrome unit painted for the ATSF! it looked like it was going to be used for parts, and sure enough, I called a buddy of mine who is a dispatcher for the Canadian National through town, it was purchased by a shortline and the CN was hauling it for them. I wish that I had had my camera because no one, not even my dad, believes me! It looked like a GP9, and the former railroad that owned it had blacked out the number on the cab, but not the SF on the side. It was coming from Larry's Truck & Electric, a large surplus lot for diesels (they supplied the SD's for the movie Unstoppable (the ones that blow up) and the loco that was the 1206 in the movie).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
don't forget -Strip mining prevents forest fires!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 am 

Doug wrote:
50tonloco wrote:
What do I do about enviormentilists at my school who think i'm some kind of earth hater because I like coal, how do I explain that I like it because of trains and stop them from thinking that I am wierd,

Any ideas?

Welcome to the world of complex issues. You are going to have to learn that some people have made up their minds and nothing is going to change them.

You have looked at the facts that you have and come to a conclusion and they have done the same, but come to a different conclusion.

My suggestion would be to study the issues and make up your mind and stand by your decision. Being the only one in your school that believes it doesn't make it a wrong decision.

You may want to post specific issues and comments other students have made and get specific answers.

Well, I have a terrible confession to make to everyone. I am GUILTY of contributing to "global warming"! Al Gore would shoot me if he could! Why? Because I heat my house with COAL! So, there you have it!

Will I ever stop? Yes, but only after the global warming alarmists have seen to it that I can't get it anymore.

In the meantime, perhaps what we need for people like me are some bumper stickers that say "I BURN COAL" or maybe, "PROUD TO HEAT WITH COAL".

Actually, I do recognize that global warming might be an issue but my suspicion of the true cause is the massive world-wide deforestation that has been occurring over the last hundred years or so, not from coal.

So, let's save the trees and bring back underground mining! (Preferably with tracks and ore cars) :)

Regards,
Fred M. Cain.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 am 

Chris wrote:
where would the world be if it wasnt for all the wierdo's. what fun would it be if everyone was exactly the same and had the same thoughts. tell those tree hugging hippies that without coal, their precious starbucks would go out would go out of business because they would have no power to brew their moca fropa loopa doopa el grande mo latae fro crata.

It's also bizarre how our society defines what is "weird" and "normal". For example, it is not considered "weird" to scale sheer cliffs in Yosemite National Park. That is good sport. Nor is it considered "weird" to tackle some of the most dangerous rivers while "white water rafting". Great sports, right? Or performing in a rodeo - great sport - entirely normal. *BUT* if your sport just happens to be exploring abandoned mines - even if you are well prepared and trained - then you are definitely "weird". I, for one, don't see it that way. Then again, what do I know? I am quite possibly capable of foaming at the mouth at the sight of an abandoned mine with tracks and coal cars!!! :)

Regards,
Fred M. Cain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 am 

If it weren't for all the wierd people how else would I know I'm normal ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 am 
Same here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 pm 
Of course, you could always do this, just equip it with rubber wheels.
It would make a great carriage, or something to use to carry your shopping home if you live near a store! It would also make a great planter, grill, fire pit, wood carrier (get the wood from the pile to the house), brush collector (same thing as the wood carrier), baby carriage, out door crib for a baby, prop for Halloween (So many pranking opportunities. Hide a buddy under a thin layer of dirt or leaves, plus, think of all the TP you can carry in this thing!), or what ever else you can think of!