Iron Miners
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MIA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:18 pm 

Has anyone seen or heard from Mr Murley or Banksie ol boy >>> ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:17 am 

Banks is alive and well, Mr. Murley is most likely working real hard on his current project. A home-built acrobatic airplane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 am 

Just have to know which hole to look in.

Looks real nice Chris. Wish I had that kind of patients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 pm 

I see the scrap in the background, are these pieces cut by CNC router or by hand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am 

Laser is what I recall Chris saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 pm 

whats up ladies..... yep as doug mentioned ive been pretty wrapped up in the construction and design of this airplane. got a bunch of more pics of progress as ive got the bulk of the top wing framed up. we just moved about a month ago and i dont have my computer online yet so ill get some updated ones uploaded then. lets see, what have i been up to...... well, havent done anything mining related at all since we closed the work session at no.9 this spring for tours. that was that. we did one presentation on mining last week and that went well i guess. just got back from the redbull air race in nyc late last night. that was a bbblllast! hung in the city sat night with the boys after the qualifying races then had the race on sunday.... what a show! we had great seats in the race club, good times, good times. been practicing aerobatics with my buddy in his extra 300 about every other weekend. started learning some more advanced stuff and sequencing manuvers..... what im working on is a few new things...... pull to 45 degree upline, roll inverted, push to vertical, hammerhead over the top one and a half roll on the down line and pull out the bottom. also working on a vertical pull with one roll on the upline to slight nose over at the top into a 3 turn flat spin recovered into 1 aileron roll on the down line. if anyone understands that.... good for you!! got some good gopro vids of it from fridays practice session but again, cant upload anything yet till the ol puter is hooked up to the router. been making a few skydives out of our recently restored beech 18 and flying one of our other jump planes some weekends. eric, yes i had all my wood parts for the plane laser cut down by harrisburg and all the steel parts water jet cut here at a shop in clarks summit. buddy who has a machine shop in allentown used a vibratory media tumbler to debur all the steel parts. knocked all kinds of time off the project cause its all machine cut now and no hand cutting all the parts out, that alone would have taken several months! banksey ol boy is doing well, he's helping his dad with their barn project and hanging out with us doing other stuff. him and the reverend are heading up to alaska in a few weeks for a long trip. jen and i are planning on heading up for a week in august to hang out with them and see some sights. here theres a few nice things to see up there.....hehe. anyways thats about all for me..... keep up the good work boys! i like those old breaker shots from down glen lyon way. that alden colliery photo...... i remember looking down that shaft once....... hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:03 pm 

Good to hear everyones well and busy. I was watching a WW 2 documentary and thought of yeh. I think you and a P 51 or German FW 109 would be a good combination :twisted: But then again yeh might need a P 40 for the durability factor to keep up with you :P