Iron Miners
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MINING UTILITY BELTS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:34 pm 

Hi lads, Im working on hand worked low coal face down a small mine back in Uk. My last leather utilty belt I brought back from the states is near wore out and I prefered it to what was available here. Does anyone out there know of any internet stores where I can order a new one- 40- 42 inch, d ring if possible, black HEAVY leather?
Or any of you boys easily able to pick up a good one and perpaired to buy one if I paypal you and ship it to my mate in NY whos coming over soon to visit?
cheers from the very low coal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:16 am 

:!: Try Acklands Grainger on line catalogue,or Superior Safety, I purchase most of my mining personal safety equip. at these 2 stores, in Timmins,ON.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:58 pm 

cheers xdome miner!, I'll check em out, off the top of your head did they have the all leather belts? When I was working in Canada I saw a few "miners belts" but they were polyester, Down here a leather belt is essentail to avoid rubbing yourself raw, as Im stripped to the waist, like the other miners to avoid sweat soaked to the skin clothes, the a leather belt soon gets broke in after a few shifts, absorbing your sweat and becoming what we call wet greasy- easy on the skin.
But cheers for tip I'll have a look.
Whats job oppertunities like over there now underground?, just got permenet residence card and missing Rickards red, carhartt work wear and redman chewing tobacco!
Bob