Iron Miners
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thomas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 am 
I was wondering, is it wrong for me to occasionally pull out my old Thomas and Friends VHS tapes and watch them? I know that they are meant for little kids, but they are the classic ones, befor Hit took over the show and it is all "Sharing/caring" bullshit. "'Shut up' Duck said." I miss that. They are the old ones produced by Britt Allcroft Productions, before the CG characters, all models. (I'm 16, by the way) I don't know why I do it, I just feel like watching some Thomas. (I have the complete collection of books by the late (And very great) Rev. W. Awdry.) Is it wrong?

Post subject: Re: Thomas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 am 
Site Admin

I've only seen a few Thomas videos while babysitting for nieces and nephews. I must say they were extremely tolerable compared to other kid shows I've seen. I suppose it is in their benefit to be make their shows "watchable" by parents since they often have to sit through them. Personally I was impressed with the computer generated imagery from a production standpoint.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 pm 

I dont know but george carlin in the narrarator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

They aren't bad to watch. They also always have a lesson to learn for the kids. I agree with Miner Dave, but the old ones are the best ones. It's all stop animation and clay, but they really are the better ones to watch. They also have more varieties of trains. Trains you never see on the newer Thomas shows. They even have narrow gauge engines on the older shows. And lots of mining...

The best thing about them is it is a great bridge to getting the kids into history, trains, and mining. You can't beat that!

Miner Greg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 pm 
thanks! now is it weird that I pull them out every once in awhile?