Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stupid PATRIOT Act
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:20 pm 
Well, it finally happened. It was just a matter of time, with my hobby. Last weekend, I was just taking pictures of trains at the local rail-yard, when the police pulled up. They asked me for my ID. I only had my school ID on me, so I gave that to them. They wanted to confiscate my camera, but I would not let them. they then told me to leave. Luckily, my grandparent's house was about 1 mile away, so I just rode there. Might I mention that I was on my bike, with just a camera and a water bottle, on public property? What threat could a 17 year old Junior with a camera be? From now on, I am going to keep a copy of the CN photo policy in my pocket. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Stupid PATRIOT Act
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:32 pm 

thats interesting. ive watched several videos online of people exercising their open carry rights to cops with varied success. fact is, if a cop has a hard on for you, youre not going to win weather youre right or not. you have no idea how many times we have been caught by the cops going abandoned mines. we've been "out" 4-5 times this year. been stopped by the podunk twice. ever since day one, we must have been stopped and questioned 3 dozen times. told the truth, were honest with them, gave them no attitude and respected them, what we were doing and who we are and never once had a problem. hopefully that continues........

Attachments:
DSCF2885_web_m.jpg
DSCF2885_web_m.jpg [ 102.71 KiB | Viewed 34870 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:35 pm 
I was respectful.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Chris,

I remember that day, that was kind of funny as you stopped the cop on that trip!

But generally your best bet regardless is to be honest. They can still take you in even or make it hard on you even if you are on the right side of the law, your best bet is be honest and not to piss them off.

Miner Greg

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:31 pm 
What do you mean he "stopped the cop"?