Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:24 pm 

HaHa real nice :evil: I can tell you what. I know of Dodge Van right now that has 260k on its original engine and tranny, never rebuilt. There are two guys I work with Chevy trucks, one had a engine and tranny go around 20k miles the other had a "bad pistons" at 5k miles. Than there's a guy I went to apprenticeship with a S10. The farthest he ever went without replacing a head gasket was 30k miles. Oh by the way, the guy with the truck that needed the engine and tranny got rid of it after the rear started making noise. He got a dodge and hasn't had a problem.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:12 pm 

:roll: truck wars again!

if people get black lung, do trucks get black filter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:21 pm 

I think they do, I did a ct scan on Ole' Blue the other day and it looks like she has the beginings of black filter.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 pm 

:lol: she better start wearing a respirator!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:32 pm 

Of course the truck doesn't mind, she just has to take her time :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:43 pm 

UGMiner Banks wrote:
:roll: truck wars again!

if people get black lung, do trucks get black filter?

I was thinking about this a bit. All this playfull banter proves one thing. None of the Big Three's trucks are that bad if there is this much brand loyalty. I'm on the anthracite coal burning forumn too and this is what it's like when guys start going on about one breakers coal over the other. It turns into a knock down drag em out argument sometimes over there :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Nice.. I guess we should be making fun of Toyota then?

Miner Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:11 pm 

hmm, well ol yella s10 zr2 does pretty well.... 110K and only 2 times it was in the shop was for ball joints, but thats a problem on that. now, granted i dont haul stuff like yous guys do but she's not built for haulin! although she has seen a mine car or 2 in the bed and it lets you know its not happy either! as for off road reliability im sold with ol yella my jeep was a piece of junk. it was like a helicopter........ fly it for an hour then put it in the shop for 5! both mikes truck and petes truck have really impressed me on several occasions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:40 am 

Pete's Truck :D

Mike's truck :D

NICE !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:47 am 

I'm actually impressed with your truck chris, I didn't realize you had 110k on it! If It's only been in the shop 2 times your not doing bad :D The only thing I had to do to mine was replace a u joint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:58 am 

im waiting for your rear springs and shocks next :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:55 pm 

Don't worry about the springs. I plan on adding a leaf just for a little extra capacity. For my use I really should have a 3/4 ton truck but that's just not the Anthracite way 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:17 pm 

Speaking as petes friend that " is affraid to go out of state" all i know is my 1996 dodge with the cummins diesel has done everything that i have asked of it. Including jumping his ford multipul times and pulling his trailer through the mud so he wolnt get stuck. Yes i had to rebuild the auto trans after 200k miles. And change the fuel lift pump, balljoints and a relay but now it is good for another 200k,

Hey pete you fergot to tell them about all the other parts your truck eats like:

Multipul sets of springs
clutch pressure plate fell apart
constantly having to replace the defective calipers (not Just Pads)

And my truck has never caught fire like yours did in cleveland.

Ford Trucks Arnt that bad but CUMMINS POWER RULES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:31 pm 

ahh, a fellow ohio boy tells the real story now! now we hear the truth. just as i imagined!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:44 pm 

Springs--Because I overload the hell out of the truck which is my fault for using my truck as a truck

Brakes--I wear them out because I PULL A TRAILER that you borrow and you know the brakes don't work well with heavy loads so the truck makes the difference. We change the hole assembly because I buy a loaded rebuilt caliper with pads for $99.00 that is a no brainer

Clutch plate: I blew that up with a weight of 30,000 lbs from Wind Gap to Ohio.

Fire was caused from the brake fluid on the caliper again from overloading.

Don't forget this a 3/4 ton truck & we have stats for a flat bed truck so where are your stats.

AGAIN PEANUT you have hauled (2) loads in Ohio that actually count as loads.

We have asked you to drive multipel times to N.E. Pa but all I can say is the guy that actually drives the truck to do the jobs is the truck that is not backed up by B.S. :D 1996 Dodge story time again I see. :D Ford travels Dodge is afraid to leave the state :lol: :lol:

Chris. . . notice how Peanut only pops up on truck stuff not a diehard mine preservationist Hmmmm

He posted this because he knows we are traveling to Alabama & will not be on the forum.

Really we are not diehard ford guys we just use a truck above & beyond what it is built for so far this Ford truck has proven it OVER & OVER again.

Last edited by rail haulage miners on Wed May 07, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next