Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:56 pm 

I have yet to even come close to breaking a spring yet. More than once my Half Ton dodge has gone over the scales at 12000lbs +. Now all that weight wasn't in the bed BUT there was over a ton in the bed plus what I was pulling. As far as brakes go I put a set on the front at 30k. I have 33k on the set that I put on and they will pass inspection in November, and yes I tow with it frequently. And as you know there are plenty of hills here in NEPA. Clutch is holding up OK although that will probably be shot by 100k. All in all shes holding up good for a half ton that gets used. Hell it doesn't even have a hemi let alone a cummins! Peanut, don't worry about leaving Ohio, I don't plan on leaving PA anytime soon. Remember what they said in high school about drugs "just say no"

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:28 pm 

Peanut did not explain that the clutch did not let go I blew apart the entire spring pack that holds the clutch. BUCK MTN story for those that know it. We replaced it at 250,000 miles. The brakes are replaced at 45,000 miles approx. Peanut thinks we change them often because he is not used to see a working truck. Peanut's truck is currently sitting in the driveway for weeks I guess resting :D It drives maybe on a good day 10 miles round trip empty.
We put 5,000-8000 miles a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:40 pm 

Must make a lot of 10 mile round trips to have 200k on it in 12 years :roll:

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:45 pm 

THE CHERRY ON TOP:

It is actually his WIFES truck they bought it used she drives it to work hence the 10 mile round trip empty.

They bought it with over 130,000 miles on it I know that.

I bought a truck to use it as a truck peanut bought a cummins so it blows black smoke. Well I guess he got what he wanted a truck that blows black smoke empty.

Mike A. . . becareful ask peanut his true thoughts on a gas powered Dodge truck now peanut if you lie here I will have to tell the truth :oops:

We like Mike A's truck because he uses it as well as Chris, Ct Mike, Greg etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 pm 

Do you guys realize the post all started about air filters you just gotta feel the love. What happened to the guy that had the original post :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:25 pm 

Probably got bored lol

Well there's Your problem - Mythbusters

Caution: anything posted above may not be real, I am imaginary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:48 pm 

Truck wars do get a bit boring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:36 pm 

They get boring except for the guys involved! When I bought my truck I had to be a royal pita at the dealer. They wanted to sell me one with pw/pd/cc/antilock/abc/efg/ so on and so forth. The truck I bought has three options, oversize tires, carpet, cloth seats. And I didn't want the cloth or the carpet. Any truck made by anybody that gets used as a truck and doesn't have every freakin option is allright by me. Right now that song "I'm still a guy" just popped into my head :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:25 pm 

I AGREE :D . . . we have a rubber floor & zero options except AC. The best is the manual transmission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 pm 

I have a manual too. Fun to drive when empty and handy when pulling a grade under load :twisted: The rubber floor is the way to go in a truck.Sweep it out with a dust broom or a wash rag and your done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

My Dodge I bought new fully loaded in 96. It had a lot of creature comforts for its time being a truck. However you look at a fully loaded pickup truck now... Amazing..

Miner Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 am 

i will never have a screen in my truck i'm telling you that right now. All these new "watch a movie while you're driving" deals are freakin ridiculous.. especially as they make laws prohibiting the use of cell phones.. wtf?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:40 pm 

I would in this one:

http://www.catpoweredtrucks.com/invento ... ID=1986596

Which one of my kids will buy me that?

Woot!

:)

xox
~S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:06 pm 

I bought that truck because i did my home work. I wanted it to be pre 98 because i wanted solid injection, and i needed a truck to pull my 10,000 pound Frick steam engine to engine shows. My problem with going out of state is that if something bad were to happen ( like a random part fall of a Ford and go through my radiator) i would not be able to afford to have it towed all the way home.

Another note worthy thing is that my truck left the factory at 180 hp and for over half its life it has been turned up to 325hp.

And pete remember this winter when it was really cold and your ford would not start and you had to drive your wifes car. My dodge carried me to work just fine.

We have to more guys in the group who have ford diesels one is on his third motor and the other also broke his springs and he admits to only hauling two tool boxes with it .

I was a ford guy and did not care for dodges but all the chrysler products we have owned have never let us down i regulary drive a 98 dodge neon (disposable car) my wife bought it new and it is still going with 202k miles on it and counting.

Pete you just got "Lucky "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Never pulled a steam engine with my Dodge, but I had my share of hauling wood, pulling cars, carrying parts from car shows.. It never missed a beat with that..

Miner Greg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next