Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin effectively a slam dunk for wining the presidential campaign?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
Undecided 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Was John McCain's choice a slam dunk?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure everyone read the news, but was John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin effectively a slam dunk for wining the presidential campaign?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29 ... on-friday/

She may attract Clinton supporters, she is very conservative, she has an 80% approval rating as governor, NRA lifetime member, soccer mom, family person, union supporter, parents are teachers, newer face to Washington, big advocate of domestic energy, etc.

Comments please...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:19 pm 

He plans on continuing the war. Mccain does not stand a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:31 am 

Hence, I must move to Germany.

~S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:53 pm 

the only reason he chose her was for his own political ambition - trying to gain Hillary supporters.... Thats what I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

You can't be serious. McCain's choice was in desperation. He had the opportunity to choose whom should sit second in command who he trusts above all others. He chose a former soccer mom.. ahem.. Miss Alaska beauty queen turned village mayor turned governor with no experience whom he met only once before deciding she's the ONE. Most Hillary supporters will not fall for this. And McCain criticizes Obama for lack of experience? HA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:27 am 

Considering that she's the only one of the four who's held a "buck stops here" legislative position, I'd say yeah. She's got more on him.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220400 ... lenews_wsj

Whether that experience is good or bad is up to the individual and how they choose to interpret their research, if any.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... nnel=10112

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 pm 

Well, I don't believe it's slam dunk to get him elected, but I do believe it's a slam dunk to get people talking and it's going to be an historic election either way.

I believe Palin's age range is just about right... they had to go with someone young enough that should McCain become ill in office, the country isn't left in chaos. The fact that the selection committee chose a woman sure is going to leave the door open for a woman president should they be elected.

What people don't realize is that it is a committee decision... the candidate doesn't pick a running mate. The candidate's selection committee does. So whether McCain ever clapped eyes on her doesn't matter because she has hit the radar.

It's going to be an interesting election either way.

Fleur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:48 am 

the real issue of lack of experience, is undoubtedly with the dem's ridiculously inexperienced candidate. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? this guy has NO EXPERIENCE and you're pointing fingers!

your main man has NO EXPERIENCE!

NO EXPERIENCE!

how are you gonna get around that one?

maybe point fingers at the vice pres candidate's daughter? yeah that's a great idea. blow some more smoke you losers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 pm 

Palin is a good choice....it's time we got somebody real in a position like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 am 

either way, anthracite is still better than bituminous.

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:34 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:04 am 

plus she wants to open up anwar and drill off alaska plus she was the gov of AK and shes for it so perhaps we can finally get it done, and in the meentime further develop alt energy sources, the provision to explore up thereshould be that the oil co's that do cant export it to china, india etc and keep it and the wealth here, which is a streach, but hopefully.... so as a consequentilist libritarian and registered republican they have my vote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:29 pm 

I think she will do great! Not to mention she is very sexy. I know the country is tired of the republican party but, for us coalminers we have enjoyed a nice 6-7 year coal boom since they have been in office. I don't want this to turn into a political bashing or flaming but, the 90s were hard for the coal industry. I never would have dreamed that I would have made $30 an hour or the amount of coal mines that have opened up. I'm sorry that the anthracite industry hasn't saw as much growth but, it has been very good to WV. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 am 

yeah, all we got are new a-hole inspectors. no joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:52 pm 

Again not trying to be to political but things werent bad at all up here untill 2001 when the dynamic duo was transferred here from out west. They really do a "swell" job of enforcing the rules and regulations ment for bituminous here in the anthracite. Since MSHA is having troubles in other districts I really honestly believe that they should transfer the dream team somewhere where there really having troubles enforcing the law but the word on the street is that there are people inside MSHA that refuse to work with these guys.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"