Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Annual IronMiners Halloween Party - 2008
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Once again, we had another successful annual IronMiners party at our Connecticut headquarters. Once again, it wouldn't be a party without our friends and partners from Underground Miners who showed up. While the party was slightly smaller than prior years, mostly because of the hurricane like rain that followed me and the UGM guys north, just in time for the party to start, we had a warm and cozy party in CT Mike's barn. CT Mike has been working very hard on his 18th century house and barn, and he just completed his heating system the prior night for the party. Plenty of food, drinks, and lots of entertainment to keep the night moving.

The next day, after sleeping over at the CT Mike's house, we began our annual IronMiners mining mission. This mission was another Limestone / Cement mining trip as this has been our latest focus. We had a few interesting leads on new locations which we checked out on the way down to one of our destinations. While one lead sent us the wrong way, we did photograph a smaller more flooded Limestone mine on the way down. After not finding everything we were looking for, time was running out, our next mission was to return to the Widow Jane mine to document some of the mines over there.

While making a right into the parking area, just off the road, who happened to be leaving the area as we were arriving? The crew from AbandonedMines.net! We all knew it was just a matter of time until we bumped into them at a mine site, but it was great to meet up with the ABM crew again. After revisiting the Widow Jane (and bumping into some of the ABM crew who came back), we decided to have our feast at a local pizza shop.

Another great trip, it was great also to combine efforts again with the UGM team. Photos to follow soon!

Miner Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm 

i like the "heating system" and when its raining, theres a shower installed too! ct mike is becoming quite the plumber! and yes it was one hell of a weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Yes, the hitting system was neat. Good work getting it ready for the party! It certainly kept the barn nice and toasty.. Although you really don't want to sit under it in the rain!