Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 pm 

I'm going to have to jump in hear and side with the Anty Guys. The Anty mines are on a completely different scale. Bitty mines while they have impressive numbers and huge machines, are all multi-million dollar operations.

There hasn't been a ghost of a chance of a bootleg type bitty mine since the 1900's. Maybe a few into the 1930's . And I live in the outcrop area.

The anty guys are running familiy operations and appear to be pocketing about the same amout of dollars each friday as the Bitty Guys.

It's corporate mining vs entreprenuer mining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 pm 

Thats right. . . . Ohio John. . . he has seen how the rest of the mines in the US work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:29 pm 

Well the 1930's way off. We had one man mine run up to the late 80's. . .I have pictures. I still am not saying Bituminous is better. . . I am just saying they need to get out here so they know what they are tralking about when they criticize Bitty mines that is it. It is hard to have an educated battle when you have only been or seen one side of the playing field.

Like I said I always enjpy going out to the Anty mines. We wouldnt have saved all that equipment for all those 800 mile trips if we didn't care.

There are still small operations in southern WV

Last edited by rail haulage miners on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:31 pm 

I'll tell you what I'm liking this doug guy more and more! It's not about the money for us. Thats a different scenario when you get up for work in the morning and actually want to go to work. The rest of the country can have there push button miners I'm thrilled with what we have here. And if you don't like what we have here I 80 west bound is easy to get too from the southern field!

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:31 pm 

i'm not seeing pictures yet :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 pm 

there ohio john finally speaks up. well its funny, he hides behind his computer and is ohio john now, when he comes out here its a different story! i see how it is. now for pete:

"I have requested to be a moderator but you guys like to keep it biased."

and you can keep requesting and see how far it gets ya. like they say :

you can wish in one hand and $h*t in the other and see which one fills up faster :wink:

and for doug....... youre alllllright! even if you from west of here, we wont hold that against ya for too long :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:40 pm 

maybe we should just appease pete so he cant use the "youve only been on one side of the fence" and just go out to one of these fire extinguisher coated mines so then he has no ammunition left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:42 pm 

Well He is going to have to wait for Me. As some of you know I have one mine that I can't leave for a day without something getting screwed up at. Maybe in the Spring I can get out there.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:43 pm 

Oh we have plenty of Amunition left:

Then there are copper, silver, lead , pot ash, gold, nickle & dynamite plants . . . .should I keep going. . . .I was just making it easy on ya since coal is coal. . . little easier transition.

Last edited by rail haulage miners on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm 

yea mike a. was a good deep miner until he went to work at the all powerful sunshine jeddo mine! we'll miss ya tomorrow mike, we missed you today and we will miss you next week. just think all the love notes youll have to read in the rock tunnel next time youre down there! :lol:

Last edited by Chris on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm 

rail haulage miners wrote:
Well the 1930's way off. We had one man mine run up to the late 80's. .

There are still small operations in southern WV

I was afraid I would get nailed on that wee fact. But I suspect you are talking you are still talking underground.

A small surface mine just opened this fall about 5 miles as the crow flies from my house. I can't get the numbers nailed down, but the shovel they are using cost several thousand dollars a day to run. That doesn't count the smaller shovel, several end-dumps, etc. It is big business and this is a tiny mine.

Any coal here that is shallow enough for a small company to attempt to mine is junk coal and impossible to market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:45 pm 

dont worry doug, these ovcc guys dig at every little detail they can find. they have to to get their points across. they need something to argue! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:46 pm 

and pete, wheres you brother during all this fun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:49 pm 

You ready for this. . . he is at the shop. . . .working on the Anthracite trammer. . . now that is funny.

Now that is a big gap 30's & 80's you got to give me that one. We had 2 or 3 one man underground mines in the late 80's that I know of..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:50 pm 

See how one sided it is it iis always me vs. the 5-10 anty guys on here. . .Hell ya I will keep the battle going.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next