Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a belt
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:05 pm 

I am looking for a leather mining belt and I can't seem to find one locally. Everone at the mine that has them, got them from another family member. I have tried Google and haven't had any luck finding anyone that sells them. I am thinking that this may be a good ahobby to get into. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm 

There is a place in Belfry KY that makes them. For a leather Belt they are super nice. They even put shoulder straps on them. I wear a nylon belt and have had good sucess out of them. I wear one from united central supply. One of the best mining belts I have ever seen was made out of mining belt. Very tough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:27 pm 

i get all my stuff from united central industrial supply..... they have nice belts, mike a. and eric have one. made by cse, they are blue and have silver reflective around them.

724-324-9590

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:43 pm 

I use a leather belt myself with the holder for the battery. They seem to work the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:52 am 

I know there one place left on the internet that has leather mining belts.......i have to find it. I remember they were rather expensive though.

Pete - where the heck do you find those battery pouches? they kindof look like SR-100 pouch, but (obviously) smaller..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:32 pm 

Banks I think CSE makes a battery pouch that looks like there SR100 pouch only smaller. MSA makes/or did make a battery pouch too.

"We don't look for any money all we look for is a little help and the only help we get is for the government to shut us down and if you go to the gas station and buy the gas you'll see why..........................you'll see why"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 pm 

i notice it says your from southern il... Southern IL work wear in Harrisburg IL sells leather belts.. even have leather holders for light and pumpkin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:33 pm 

Thanks, Jarrod started carrying them after I posted this. If anyone needs anything , he is awesome to work with. I walked out of my boots last week. I got off the cage at 5:55 (he closes at 6) and called him. He looked up my boot size in his computer, took my debit card over the phone,wrapped them up in trash bags, and left them outside for me!!!

He is also selling MSHA approved low coal hats now. Not sure on the price though.

http://www.southernillinoisworkwear.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

The UGM guys will love this, but your other option is a Coon Lamp Hunting belt. You could try:

http://www.valleycreekhuntingsupply.com/

They have a good selection of different leather belts which are compatible with wheat lamps.

Miner Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:54 pm 

I have a Valley Creek Nylon Belt. The Quality is good, as is the price.

However I had a problem. Their Medium belt is 32 -34 and their Large is 38 - 40.

I'm 36.

I ordered the Large. Would not adjust down enough. They were happy to exchange it, if I paid shipping. That's Fair. They sent a Medium, would not open up enough.

In the end I had one belt that was too small and had paid the cost of two.

I took it to a local Amish Harness shop and had it Amishized to size for $5.00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 am 

i agree with doug upon the valley creek nylon belts, seem to last forever, i didnt have a problem with the sizing but i've had my belt for 2 years now and not a problem, just upgraded to a cse due to the fact i bought it cheap. Still have the belt and when i get a spare wheat lamp it'll go on that belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:39 am 

www.bridgeportequipmentandtool.com

they sell a very nice leather one for 119 dollars. I know they have it in their store but its not on their website, just a nylon belt. I seen it last week when I bought a new pair of boots. They are local to me, very nice belt, but i'm not a leather belt kinda guy I guess.

I have one of those blue nylon CSE ones. Don't wear the suspenders. But I think its too wide, but it does hold my CSE Resucer, light, tool pouch, mutligas, drink pouch, and anything else I stuff on there. I've had it for 4 years now and not much sign of wear besides the silver stuff flaking off and lots of dirt

Last edited by aecminer on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 am 

bluzkrzy wrote:
Thanks, Jarrod started carrying them after I posted this. If anyone needs anything , he is awesome to work with. I walked out of my boots last week. I got off the cage at 5:55 (he closes at 6) and called him. He looked up my boot size in his computer, took my debit card over the phone,wrapped them up in trash bags, and left them outside for me!!!

He is also selling MSHA approved low coal hats now. Not sure on the price though.

http://www.southernillinoisworkwear.com/

The low coal hats that are approved are horrible. If its the one I bought, the Lo-Pro. It uses a funny hat liner and it wouldn't stay on my head, Just because the hat is low, it sits up high on your head.