Iron Miners
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mining Professionals Article Advice & Participants
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:33 am 

Good Evening All,

Nuala from The International Resource Journal here, apologies if this has been put in the incorrect section of the forum.
I'm writing openly to everyone registered for two reasons in particular today: for participation and/or advice.

To shed a little light on the article I am writing and why, we tend to spend many an issue working, interviewing and focusing on CEO's, Chairmen and executive-level members of the mining industry. It's always very exciting, but I feel that there are other career-avenues in the industry which, to date, remain a little under-represented in our publication.

I'm looking to put together a piece with interviews, comments and quotes from those amongst you who are onsite everyday, making things happen and often aren't given as much limelight.
Our working title is "What the Workers Say," and I plan to address any issues that participants feel are overlooked, be these health and safety, job security, training, industry development or anything else you feel relevant.

All interviewees may remain totally anonymous and you can take part as much or as little as you would be kind enough to do. The purpose of this article is to convey a new and fresh, yet equally vital set of opinions from those we usually offer.

If you can give me any advice on who and/or where parties may be interested, or you would be interested in taking part, I can arrange an interview or send over a list of written questions at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me with any or all of the above and I will forward over some interview questions!

Thank you for your time.

Kindest,

Nuala