Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 am 

as it turns out, the job at wilcoal fell thru, but ranger energy reopened two UG mines here under the "premium coal co." name. and i started back last week as the 2nd shift section mechanic... it isnt the best circumstances (sandrock middleman, older equiptment) but were getting by so far... although i dont know for how long, if we dont get out of this sandrock, its beating the 14/10 all to pieces!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:09 pm 

1410 will take it. Make sure to maintain the mat chain real well. Sounds like you need a 1415 or a dash 1 in there. Used to not be a Eimco fan but, they are winning me over one by one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 am 

Coalfire wrote:
1410 will take it. Make sure to maintain the mat chain real well. Sounds like you need a 1415 or a dash 1 in there. Used to not be a Eimco fan but, they are winning me over one by one.

would you believe they replaced a 15 with this 10?! not the best plan. we had a bearing go down in the head two nites ago. every 14/10 ive ever worked on, when the bearing cartridge went down, we just pull the head motor out about 20", remove the lid on top of the head and pull the cart. and throw another in... no biggie! this antique had to have the whole head removed to access the bearing from the inside! :roll: JUNK! anyhow, the parts arrived for third shift last nite, while we were moving the section to another panel... maybe we can get away from the sand. BTW, this is the last available panel in this mine. :(