Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gold Rush Season 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

For those who have a gold fever (or mining fever in that case), Gold Rush Season 6 starts up this Friday October 16th. It is a two hour premier. Looking at the teaser commercials, it looks like it is going to be a good season. I think Parker and Tony Beets will really have at it with one another, we'll have to see where things go.

Miner Greg

Post subject: Re: Gold Rush Season 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:45 pm 

Who are the crews this year? I haven't watched in a few seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

The cast has changed slightly, but a lot of the original people are still there. Dakota Fred and his son are no longer part of the series. This season the Hoffman's are still there and most of his crew. Todd and Jack are still there and it looks like his son will be joining for this season. Dave Turin is still part of the crew although he worked another mine half of last season with the Dodge brothers. Parker is still there working new claims he has leased from Tony Beets. His Grandfather still shows up on the show every few episodes, but Parker is doing his own thing and is not working his Grandfather's claim any longer. Then the last crew is Tony Beets who is a legend in the area who runs a large mine and owns a heck of a lot of property. Last season Tony's focus was on moving and restoring a 70 year old gold dredge which he purchased and was slowing moving to his own claim. That was a huge project and he got it up and working by the end of the season.

This season looks to have the same cast of characters as last. Should be an interesting season as it looks like Parker may purchase his own claim instead of leasing from Tony, the Hoffman's look to be getting a lot more larger scale, and the operation of Tony's dredge should be pretty neat.

Miner Greg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:28 pm 

That is the main reason I watched last season, and have been looking forward to this one. I want to see Tony's "Viking Ship" in action!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 am 

I've seen a couple bucket line dredge videos. They are a cool thing to watch. Why isn't Parker working his grandpaws claim?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:37 pm 

I think Big Nugget is played out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:07 am 

The dredge is the big hit of the season. Pretty awesome to see that old iron producing gold!