Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 102 Miners Trapped Alive in Mine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hope Dims for Trapped Chinese Miners

With dimming hope, rescuers searched Tuesday for 102 miners trapped for two days in a flooded illegal coal mine in southern China as officials urged 65 managers who fled the scene to return, the govern...

http://mp.netscape.com/speed.adp?url=%2 ... %3d1368557

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:55 am 

Hey Greg,

If a mining company needed men to work in a mine I would go do it. Even if it was an unstable mine I would still go do it. I don’t think that I would travel to far to do it. A state or county within a reasonable distance would be fine with me. I don't fear mines and never will. I practice safety first on every mining experience. I also know the risks of working in a mine. I would still work in a mine regardless of the risks. I'm just that type of Miner that is very passionate about them. I look forward to the ultimate experience and that would be to work in a deep mine. Who knows maybe it will happen someday. If it does that would be awesome if I was working in the mine with you and Miner Mike.

Happy Mining!

Miner Bond

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

There are certainly dangers in a mine, but if you practice safety, you really have nothing to worry about. China is a little different story as they don't follow all of the rules that are followed here in the US. Most of these major China mine accidents from what I have read on the news seem to be related to water. This in my opinion would be drilling into another mine which is abandoned and flooded or perhaps drilling upwards into a stream or lake. This would then again would be caused by not following proper safety guidelines.