Iron Miners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:22 pm 

Yea i got stuck shoveling to, for 10 minutes, then i hopped in my truck and went out plowin, that was a bad storm, i'm just happy it's done and over with, i can't wait to get up there and do some work

Last edited by Jt on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:35 pm 

well today was great. had alot of help there for sure. thanks jt for your help and bringing your friend. tomorrow hope we get just as much done. ill post up the pictures tomorrow night. good stuff guys, we will be at the face in no time now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:48 pm 

well another good day at pioneer! today we had our highest output to date! 10 car loads of muck. i took the last one out. you should have seen the pile. unfortunately howie had it cleaned with the backhoe before i could take a pic. it was huge! anyways, jy, it was great to have your help and i hope you had a good time. so how was it yesterday to go through 3 wheat lamps? think they need new batteries :lol: we also got our coal chute ready for the wooden chute at the bottom. we will come back to this after we finnish mucking to the face. mine rescue is coming down on tuesday for their training so i know adam and i are going to photograph what they do.......... and maybe learn something :D they are coming at 3 but i figure ill take the day off and go down and help out all day. we are going to get another timber set up early before they get there. adam dug the hitches for it today and it will be ready to install tuesday. good stuff! check out the progress pics and also i updated the ugm site with some of yesterdays and todays work.......

http://www.undergroundminers.com/pioneerwork6.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:28 pm 

You guys are kickin it. Looks like fun! Mine rescue training should be interesting to watch. When i went thru High angle rescue training it was awesome, Learned alot and when you actually get to use your training it not only pays off but the satisfaction of it is pretty cool. You guys should ask to be the victim if they allow it. Being strapped to a basket is another expeirence. Take lots of pictures and if possible video tape it i am interested in seeing what you guys get on camera. How much longer do you think until you hit the face? Again progress is looking great. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:35 pm 

ill be sure to post up what we do be sure of that! as for the face, we are about 15 feet away! just have to get past that spill and shut it down from coming down the chute more. then we are there. this is the original gangway that the tour came in and this chute was the second opening. when they extended the tour to the back gangways they pushed this opening in from the surface and let the gangway go to junk. then they just boarded it off at the tunnel. 2 more weekends and we will be through it for sure. especially if we have the crew we had this past weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:38 pm 

Good deal 2 more weekends cant wait to see more pics of the progress. To bad they let the gang way go to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:56 pm 

yea, well i guess its all good cause it gives us something to do :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 pm 

Had alot of fun this weekend and got alot accomplished, cant wait for next weekend, not much longer and we'll be at the face. See you'se guys later
Jt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:04 am 

yea, now if we can only get that last pile to disappear faster and easier........ like with a mucker maybe :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:16 am 

or if banks would be more of a scoop operator than a tour guide/concierge, we'll get there one day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:21 am 

Hey now! I wasn't the one leading "blokes" around the mine!! :lol: Ill admit, i was pretty blown today... oh well. Howie and his backhoe took my motorman job.. Oh well... We'll be minin' the big vein in no time! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:48 am 

i'm just messin with ya banks, everybody deserves a round of applause for muckin out 10 cars today, great job by all, we'll be workin the uhghm vein in no time haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:06 pm 

:lol: no doubtt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 pm 

today we got a timber set up right before the second and much larger spill. then we forepoled about 10 feet infront of it so now we can take out the spill. ill have pics up tomorow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:35 pm 

so, this week howie, john and dave are going to get up a prop on each side of the spill coming out of the chute. the plan is to cut the hitch deep in the bottom rock then as we are pulling out the spill from the top, howie is goint to put up planks from the top down between the props to shut off the chute so it doesnt keep coming down the pitch.once that is done, and there is no chance of more junk coming out of the chute as fast as we clean up whats there we will be in there like swimwear! we are close to the face right now its ridiculous. 2 more weeks baby and we have ourselves a gangway!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next